Ricefield Mouse, Ryukyu Mouse
- English Common Name
- Ricefield Mouse, Ryukyu Mouse
- Scientific name
- Mus caroli
- Order: Rodentia , Family: Muridae
- 6 cm - 8 cm
- Species Distribution
- In Japan, Okinawa Island is the only place where the species inhabits. In overseas, Java, Sumatra, Thai, and Malay Peninsula are places where Ryukyu Mouse is found.
- Okinawan Common Name
- Okinawa Red List of Threatened Species:Data Deficient
- Okinawa Island is the only place where this species is found in Japan. It rarely goes around houses, but inhabits fields such as sugarcane fields and cultivated areas.
- Updated January 2018
back to "Movies of Okinawa creatures" page